Read the blog post here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=5745
Learn how to make a 3D turkey cake for Thanksgiving dessert in this video tutorial
• Two prepared 9″x 13″ cake, stacked (recipe here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=2687)
• Green buttercream in a piping bag fitted with 125 Wilton petal tip
• Brown buttercream
• Vanilla buttercream
• Jelly Belly Peas and Carrots candy (Get it here: http://amzn.to/1sdDqmW)
1. Begin by rounding the top portion of the turkey, creating a wide and a narrow end. Save the cake scraps for later in the recipe.
2. Round the bottom of the turkey, by carving in at an angle into the bottom of the turkey, and continue inwards.
3. In the narrow end of the turkey, carve a cavity, where the stuffing will be coming out of.
4. Cover the turkey in brown buttercream. If desired, transfer the turkey to a serving plate for later presentation.
5. To make the stuffing, slice a few sections of cake scraps into small cubes, and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Place in the oven on the Broil setting, until the cake cubes are a medium brown.
6. Place remaining cake scraps into a medium sized bowl and combine with vanilla buttercream to form a cake pop textured mixture. Shape mixture into two drumsticks, and two wings. Place on sides of cake, and cover in remaining brown buttercream.
7. Fill cavity with stuffing.
8. Using the green buttercream, pipe a “lettuce” border around the base of the cake.
9. Add “carrots and peas” around the base of the turkey as well.
10. Keep the cake in the fridge for 2-3 days. Ideally in a sealed container, but due to the turkey’s size, this might be difficult.
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com