Learn how to soften cream cheese quickly so you’re never too far away from homemade cheesecake.
The easiest and best way to soften cream cheese is to simply allow it to sit at – room temperature. That’s pretty much a no-brainer, right?
But this method usually means that you have a bit of a plan in place. If I know that I am going to baking any of my favorite cheesecake recipes early in the morning, I always take my cream cheese out of the fridge and allow it to sit on the counter for a couple of hours.
However, if you’re at all like me, sometimes ya just get the urge to make classic vanilla cheesecake (or other baked goods) without a plan in place. I often find myself in this situation and it can be a real bummer if the recipe you’re using calls for softened cream cheese, or even room temperature eggs or softened butter.
But no worries, I’ve got ya covered – so the next time you find yourself staring at cold cream cheese, you’ll know exactly what to do to get it to room temp in no time!
The post How to Soften Cream Cheese appeared first on My Baking Addiction.
- Thanks so much for stopping by, Karen! I appreciate you taking … by Jamie
- Great recipes and tips…I am not a baker and do mostly savory … by Karen Cook
- Thanks so much for stopping by, Barbara! I appreciate you … by Jamie
- Thank you for microwave suggestions. Sounds like it will work … by Barbara Tighe
- Thanks so much for stopping by, Noelle! I appreciate you taking … by Jamie
- Plus 5 more…