Date and Walnut Cake Recipe 1
- 2 cup (300 gm) dates / khajur
- 1 cup (255 ml) milk, hot
For Cake Batter:
- ¾ cup (190 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) curd / yogurt
- 2 cup (260 gm) wheat flour / atta
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup (60 gm) walnuts
- 5 dates / khajur,
- take the blended dates paste in a large mixing bowl.
- add in ¾ cup olive oil and ¼ cup curd.
- blend well until the mixture is well combined.
- place the sieve and add 2 cup wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder and ½ tsp baking soda.
- blend and mix well until the mixture is combined.
- further, add ½ cup walnuts and 5 dates.
- mix by combining using the cut and fold method.
- transfer the batter to the cake tray or bread mould.
- pat the tray twice to remove the air incorporated into the batter.
- top with more walnuts to make it look more attractive.
- place the cake tray into the preheated oven. bake the cake at 180 degree celsius or 356 degrees fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- finally, serve the dates cake or store in an airtight container.
Date and Walnut Cake Recipe 2
- 175g (6oz) dates, finely chopped
- ¾ level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 60g (2oz) butter, softened
- 175g (6oz) light muscovado sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 250g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 60g (2oz) walnuts pieces, chopped
- For The Topping:
- 125g (4oz) mascarpone or cream cheese
- 30g (1oz) walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 20cm (8in) round cake tin, lined with Bakewell paper
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Put the dates and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and pour over 200ml (7fl oz) boiling water. Leave for 5 mins.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, beat in the egg and then the date mixture, with the water. Fold in the flour and walnuts and stir lightly until well mixed. Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1-1¼ hours until risen, and a skewer when inserted comes out clean. Leave for 10 mins, then take out of the tin to cool on a wire rack. Spread mascarpone, or cream cheese, over cake and sprinkle with nuts.
Date and Walnut Cake Recipe 3
- 4 ounces pitted chopped dates
- 2 ounces margarine
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces self-rising flour
- 6 ounces brown sugar
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place dates and margarine in a bowl with boiling water and baking soda. Gently mix with a wooden spoon until margarine has melted and dates are plumped up. Let cool to room temperature, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a 2-pound loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, and walnuts in a separate bowl. Add to bowl with the date mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Add egg and mix in. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 75 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.