For a sweet dessert that is easy to make, give this Caramel Apple Dump Cake a try! With just a little prep, you can have dessert ready to share at your next meal! When you realize how easy dump cakes are to make, you will want to add these recipes to your dessert menu options. Try my Blueberry Dump Cake and my Peach Dump Cake.
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Dumping ingredients into a pan doesn’t seem like it would bake into something edible, let alone delicious…but, lucky for all of us, it does! Whoever came up with this idea was genius! The simplicity of this dessert does not take away any of the sweet flavors of the Caramel Apple Dump Cake. Even if you are short on time, this dessert is one you can have on the table, ready to serve, in less than an hour!
How to Make Caramel Apple Dump Cake
There is no peeling and cutting of apples for this recipe, but you will still get all the flavor of a homemade Caramel Apple Pie! It’s a matter of layering the ingredients and baking the Caramel Apple Dump Cake. Yes, it’s that easy! One important ingredient is the apple pie spice. I encourage you to make your own homemade apple pie spice for this and other recipes. Just remember, if you use a store-bought spice, double the amount in the recipe. For example, this recipe calls for 1 teaspoon so you would use 2 teaspoons if the spice is store-bought.
Layers of the Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- In a bowl, mix together the cake mix, apple pie spice, evaporated milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Use half of this batter to layer the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch pan. Smooth it out as best as you can. Leave the other half in the bowl for later.
- Bake just the bottom layer for about 10 minutes at 350°F.
- While the base layer is baking, mix together the caramels and the other 1/3 cup of evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Put that off to the side and remove the baking pan from the oven. Pour the apple pie filling over the base layer, followed by pouring most of the caramel mixture on top of the filling. Leave some of the caramel to drizzle on top at the end.
- Finally, crumble the remaining batter on top of the caramel mixture and bake for 30 minutes. The Caramel Apple Dump Cake will be a golden brown when it is done.
Topping Ideas for Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Besides the rest of the caramel drizzle that you made, a couple of basic topping choices for a caramel apple dump cake are whipped cream or ice cream. Within those two categories, there are a few variations that can really take this dump cake to a whole new level. For the ice cream, we almost always have vanilla or vanilla bean as a staple in our freezer. If you really have a sweet tooth, mix it up with some cinnamon ice cream or a caramel ice cream.
Homemade Whipped Cream
Making your own whipped cream is probably one of the top recommendations that I will ever give you when discussing homemade desserts.
To do that, you need heavy whipping cream and confectioners sugar. Essentially, from here you just pour the whipping cream into a bowl and whip until peaks start to form. I would recommend using a hand mixer or a stand mixer unless you are really focusing on those arm muscles. Slowly add in the sugar and serve. Super simple.
Looking for More Easy Sweet Desserts?
Apple Dump Cake
Strawberry Dump Cake
Cherry Dump Cake
Blueberry Galette Dessert
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Simple and sweet describe this easy to make Caramel Apple Dump Cake.
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 teaspoon homemade apple pie spice
- 2/3 cup (168g) evaporated milk, (divided)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (170g) (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, (melted)
- 1 package (11 ounces) caramel bits
- 1 can (20 ounces) apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake mix, apple pie spice, 1/3 cup of evaporated milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9×13 pan and smooth out to create an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together caramels and 1/3 cup of evaporated milk.
- Remove from oven, top with apple pie filling, and then caramel mixture (reserve some for topping later).
- Crumble remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Original source: https://iambaker.net/caramel-apple-dump-cake/