The Best Carrot Cake Ever With Cream Cheese Frosting
This cake is incredibly moist and packed with flavor! You won’t even believe there is no butter or oil in it. It has special ingredients you won’t see in an ordinary carrot cake. It’s simply the best you’ll ever have! Enjoy!
1 1/4 cups sweetened applesauce (I use homemade) 1 cup of sugar
3 eggs (room temperature)
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 1⁄2 tsp. of baking powder 1 1⁄4 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1/4 tsp. of ground ginger
2 cups of grated carrots
1 cup of unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup of sweetened coconut
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 8 oz. can of dole crushed pineapple (in the juice not drained)
Cream cheese frosting
1 cup salted butter (2 sticks at room temperature)
2 8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste (I use trader Joes brand) 7 cups of powdered sugar
A pinch of salt
For the top of the cake: 2/3 Cup sweetened coconut 1/2 cup pecan halves
Preheat oven to 350°
1. Combine applesauce, 1 cup sugar and three room temperature eggs in a bowl. Mix together. 2. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground ginger, salt and cinnamon. Mix to combine. 3. Then finally add the grated carrots, coconut (sweetened and unsweetened), chopped pecans, vanilla and pineapple in the juice. Stir until combined.
4. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans (I also use non stick cooking spray as well for extra security)) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
￼￼Let cakes cool for 6 to 8 minutes before removing them from pan to cool completely.
Instructions for the frosting:
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese until nice and fluffy about one minute. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until nice and smooth about two minutes.
2. Invert one cake onto a cake plate.
3. Begin to frost the top and sides.
4. Gently place the second cake on top and continue frosting.
5. Pipe the flowerettes around the whole outer edge of the top and bottom of the cake.
6. Decorate the top edge with pecan halves and then place shredded coconut in the center.
7. Refrigerate for an hour before serving for best results. Enjoy!
Celene‘s Homemade Applesauce
3 large sized Honey Crisp or Pink Lady apples (peeled, cored and cut into
1 inch chunks)
1/2 cup of water
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup of sugar (sometimes I may add more after mashing at the end if its not sweet enough) 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Place the apple chunks in a medium sized pot. Add the water, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract.
Stir well and bring to a boil. Then lower to a simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until apples are soft and cooked through.
2. Once fully cooked, remove from heat. For a chunky sauce use a potato masher with apples in the pot. For a smooth sauce use a processor and blend until smooth, (cooled off first). I like my sauce a little chunky so I use my potato masher.
3. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!