Banana Pecan Cake Recipe 1
3 cups all-purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
4 large very ripe Bananas, mashed*
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice and zest of 1 Lemon or (4 Tablespoons fresh Orange juice plus zest of 1 Orange)
3/4 cup unsalted Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Brown sugar (can use white, too and cake will be paler in color)
3 large Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
1 cup Pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 F (yes, that’s the right temperature). Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside. If you are in a hurry you can also preheat to 325 F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas with the orange juice and zest. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs one at a time then add the vanilla extract. Stir in the banana-orange mixture. On low speed, alternately add the flour and the buttermilk to the mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Gently fold in the nuts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven (300 F) for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If baking at 325 F, check cake around 45-50 minutes to see if it’s done. Oven heating varies so please adjust baking time accordingly.
Banana Pecan Cake Recipe 2
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas, mixing well (mixture will appear curdled).
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost cake. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Banana Pecan Cake Recipe 3
- For the Streusel
- 8 ounces chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease pan with butter.For Streusel: In a medium bowl, combine pecans, dark brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and flour and stir to combine. Add flour and melted butter and mix until has the texture of wet sand. Set aside. For Cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and egg yolk and beat to combine. Add vanilla and yogurt, then dry ingredients, beating until just mixed together. Gently fold in bananas with a spatula.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth top. Cover with pecan mixture. Bake until a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let cool then release from springform pan and serve.
Banana Pecan Cake Recipe 4